Houston Business Law Attorneys
GoransonKing PLLC focuses its practice on areas of employment law and the resolution of commercial litigation and business-related disputes. The Houston business law lawyers at GoransonKing PLLC have the experience and skills needed to successfully handle your case through negotiation, mediation, arbitration or trial before a jury. Whether you are looking for a Houston contract negotiation attorney or a Houston employment law attorney, you can turn to our law firm with confidence.
Our legal practice areas include:
- Contract disputes, including construction, general contractor, subcontractor, buy/sell agreements, partnership, shareholder, real estate, franchise, employment and non-compete agreements and contracts.
- Business and commercial litigation, including disputes involving business contracts, partnership agreements, shareholder disputes, business fraud, trade secrets, breach of contracts and liens.
- Legal malpractice, including claims of legal malpractice, negligence or misconduct against attorneys or other professionals.
- Partnership and shareholder disputes, including disagreements between partners or limited partners, shareholders’ and minority shareholders’ rights, claims between shareholders, shareholder attempts to take control of a company, allegations of money “skimming,” leadership issues, alter-ego claims, liability and business breakups or “business divorces.”
- Executive compensation and severance. We handle drafting and negotiations of executive compensation and severance packages.
- Commercial collections, we help you collect the money you or your business is owed, including the enforcement of judgments.
- Real estate litigation, including breach of contract, boundary-line disputes, title defect claims,defective construction claims and any other dispute arising from a commercial or residential real estate transaction.
- Probate litigation, including will contests and other probate disputes arising from disinheritance, multiple wills, undue influence, invalid creditor claims against the estate and other issues.
- Trade secrets and covenants not to compete, including disputes occurring during partnership breakups or employee terminations, such as employee “pirating,” violations of non-compete agreements and tortious interference with customer relations.
- Wage, overtime and commission claims, including issues involving employment contracts, exempt vs. nonexempt employees, overtime pay, minimum wage, wage withholding, nonpayment of commission, off-the-clock work and executive compensation.
- Wrongful termination and retaliation, including issues involving discrimination, harassment, whistleblowing, wage issues, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), OSHA and other violations.
- Harassment and discrimination, including sexual harassment and discrimination based on race, religion, national origin, age and disability, and gender.
- Employer training and policy. We conduct on-site employment law training of both management and employees and can draft employment agreements and policies.